Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1907

Title

Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1907

Description

Well known architect Cass Gilbert designed the 1907 Essex County Courthouse, which is still being used. The Courthouse was built behind the 1837 building, set on a hill just below high street, it rises above market street, Its main doorway is reached by a series of steps leading up to three doors flanked by eight Corinthian columns. The building features a group of 11 marble figured by Andrew J. O’Connor Jr. It is Currently undergoing restoration.

Date

1907

Contributor

Turner, J.-R., Koles, R. T., & Cummings, C. F.

Source

Turner, J.-R., Koles, R. T., & Cummings, C. F. (2003). Newark: The golden age. Great Britain: Arcadia Publishing.

Files

Courthouse 1907-01.jpg

Collection

Citation

“Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1907,” DANA, accessed July 25, 2024, https://dana.njit.edu/items/show/1051.

Output Formats


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/plugins/Carta/CartaPlugin.php on line 122