Essex County Courthouse
In 1929, architects Guilbert & Betelle renovated the building, converting the grand jury and freeholders' meeting room into courtrooms, and added three more spaces. From 1991-2004, Essex County invested $49 million to restore the building.
Gordon, Mark W., and Anthony Schuman, editors. Newark Landmark Treasures: A Guide to the Landmark Buildings, Parks, Public Art & Historic Districts in New Jersey’s Metropolis. Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee, 2016, p. 22.National Register of Historic Places, Essex County Courthouse, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, National Register #75001135
"The Essex County Court house at Newark, New Jersey." New York architect, 1908 Sept., v. 2, p. 125-128, pl. on p. 130-153, illustrations.
"Working drawing of the Essex County Court House, Newark, N.J." Architectural review (Boston), 1902 Oct., v. 9, n.s. v. 4, pl. 47-55.
|Item: Essex County Courthouse: Restoration honored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation||References||This Item|
|Item: Diogenes in Search of an Honest Man||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Wisdom, Mercy, Power, and Knowledge||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: The Foreman of the Grand Jury Rebuking the Chief Justice of New Jersey, 1774||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: The Beneficence of the Law||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Landing of the Milfordites at New England, May 17, 1666||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: The Landing of Carteret||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1907||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1837||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Essex County Courthouse on Market Street 1800s||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Market Street view #2||References||This Item|
|Item: Cass Gilbert||creator of||This Item|
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/plugins/Carta/CartaPlugin.php on line 122