Temple B'Nai Jeshurun

Title

Temple B'Nai Jeshurun

Description

The B'Nai Jeshurum Temple is a school and religious temple before its demolish in May 21, 1911 it was the oldest Jewish congregation in Newark, NJ. The school was located at 783 High Street, Newark, NJ. The school building was about $275,000 to construct and sits on about 1,000,000 cubic feet. Albert S. Gottlieb was the architect on the project. Gottlieb made the entire building fireproof, and supplied a standpipe and fire hose on each floor, giving it one of the lowest insurance rate in the country among religious buildings. From 1848-Present the building has been relocated to Short Hills, NJ.

State

demolished

Files

B'Nai_Jeshurun_Temple_Newark_NJ_2.png
B'Nai_Jeshurun_Temple_Newark_NJ.png
INTERIOR-VIEW-LOOKING-TOWARD-ALTAR.png
jeshurun01.jpg

Collection

Citation

Gottlieb, Albert S., “Temple B'Nai Jeshurun,” DANA, accessed May 30, 2024, https://dana.njit.edu/items/show/998.

Output Formats

Geolocation


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/plugins/Carta/CartaPlugin.php on line 122