Proctor's Palace Theatre

Title

Proctor's Palace Theatre
RKO Proctor's Theatre

Creator

Date

1915

State

extant

Condition History

In 1929, the theater was renamed the RKO Proctor's Theatre when new owners took over. The theater closed in 1968 due to the decline of the city. The lobby has been renovated to accommodate retail space, but the theaters remain vacant.

Bibliography

Read, Philip M. Movie Houses of Greater Newark. Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Publishing, 2013, p. 27-28.


"Proctor's Theater, Newark, New Jersey." Architecture & building, 1916, v. 48, pl. 4. 

Collection

Citation

John W. Merrow, “Proctor's Palace Theatre,” DANA, accessed May 30, 2024, https://dana.njit.edu/items/show/66.

Output Formats

Item Relations

Item: John W. Merrow creator of This Item

Geolocation


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/plugins/Carta/CartaPlugin.php on line 122