St. Columba's Church

Title

St. Columba's Church

Description

St. Columba's Church was designed by Charles Edwards from Paterson, New Jersey. This church has a Roman basilica plan adjoining a campanile. Both ends of the church are apsidal but the convex front facade, almost Baroque, is more prominent. Here, the heavy rustication contrasts with slender and polished Corinthian columns.

Creator

Date

1898

State

extant

Bibliography

Gordon, Mark W., and Anthony Schuman, editors. Newark Landmark Treasures: A Guide to the Landmark Buildings, Parks, Public Art & Historic Districts in New Jersey’s Metropolis. Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee, 2016, p. 53.

National Register of Historic Places, St. Columba's Church, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, National Register #72000786

Style

Classical Revival

Files

njit-naa-2010-0055-a2.pdf

Collection

Citation

Charles Edwards, “St. Columba's Church,” DANA, accessed July 24, 2024, https://dana.njit.edu/items/show/380.

Output Formats

Geolocation


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/plugins/Carta/CartaPlugin.php on line 122

Document Viewer