Dietze Building


Title

Dietze Building

Description

The Dietze Building was a manufacturing building that was home to various companies over the years. When the factory was built around 1890 by Lewis H. Watson, the building was named the Minnie Dougher's Combination Manufacturing Building, after Watson's wife Minnie.

Creator

Date

c. 1890

State

extant

Condition History

A 1927 fire damaged the building, and it was rebuilt by Dietze Realty Corporation and architect Charles F. Ackerman. In 1982, the building was converted by two NJIT architecture professors into live/work units. The Dietze Building became an Historic Landmark of Newark in 2016.

Bibliography

City of Newark, Newark Office of Planning, Zoning, and Sustainability, 16-0751, v. 1, 2016.

Gordon, Mark W., and Anthony Schuman, editors. Newark Landmark Treasures: A Guide to the Landmark Buildings, Parks, Public Art & Historic Districts in New Jersey’s Metropolis. Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee, 2016, p. 66.

Style

Late Victorian Romanesque

Collection

Related Entries

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Geolocation