Rothe-Johnson Associates (now Fletcher Thompson)


Dublin Core

Title

Rothe-Johnson Associates (now Fletcher Thompson)

Description

In 1907, E. Leslie Fletcher established a practice specializing in industrial engineering in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Charles L. Thompson joined Mr. Fletcher in 1909, and on February 5, 1910, the firm incorporated as the Fletcher Thompson Engineering Company, subsequently becoming Fletcher Thompson Incorporated in 1914.

J. Gerald Phelan, FAIA, PE, an architectural graduate of Pratt Institute, joined the organization in 1916 as a draftsman. He became a stockholder and Managing Principal in 1931.

In 1956, John G. Phelan, PE, joined his father’s organization as a field engineer while concurrently completing studies in Civil Engineering at Yale University. In 1998, as a part of the firm strategic reorganization James A. Beaudin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C; John C. Oliveto, PE; and Michael S. Marcinek became majority owners of the firm.

In 2003 the firm acquired Rothe-Johnson-Fantacone, LLC, a 30-person, New Jersey based architectural, planning and interior design firm.

In 2010 it acquired Schoenhardt Architecture + Interior Design.

The firm is known as a “full service” architectural and engineering firm.

Organization Item Type Metadata

Bibliography

"Interior Architecture Projects." Architecture New Jersey, vol. 24, no. 3, 1988, pp. 9-22.

"Hands-On Design for the Handicapped: Norman A. Bleshman Regional Day School, Paramus, New Jersey; Rothe-Johnson Associates, Architects." Architectural Record, vol. 170, no. 10, Aug. 1982, pp. 98-99.

Mostoller, Michael. "The Creation of an Urban University: The New Jersey Institute of Technology." Architecture New Jersey, vol. 28, no. 3, 1992, p. 20.

URL

http://www.fletcherthompson.com/default.aspx

Related Entries