First Landing Party of the Founders of Newark


Dublin Core

Title

First Landing Party of the Founders of Newark
Pilgrim Drinking Fountain

Date

Dedicated 1916

PhysicalObject Item Type Metadata

State

extant

Condition History

The statue was originally located on the property where NJPAC stands today. It is currently stored on the property of the Newark division of traffic and signals.

Bibliography

Carter, Barry. "Missing Newark statue returns to city's public art scene," NJ.com, 18 Mar. 2016. http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/03/missing_newark_statue_returns_to_citys_public_art.html. Accessed 4 Nov. 2016.

Index of American Sculpture
, University of Delaware, 1985.

Monumental News, November 1919, p. 792. 

Newark Museum Quarterly
. Newark, N.J.: Newark Museum Association, Winter 1975.

National Park Service, American Monuments and Outdoor Sculpture Database, NJ5001, 1989.

Save Outdoor Sculpture. New Jersey survey, 1995.


Collection

Related Entries

Item Relations

Item: Gutzon Borglum isParentOf This Item