The Essex Club was the oldest existing business club in Newark, founded in 1876.
The New Jersey Historic Trust Preservation Bond Program awarded a $1.2 million grant in 1995 to convert the defunct club into the home of the New Jersey Historical Society.
Gordon, Mark W., and Anthony Schuman, editors. Newark Landmark Treasures: A Guide to the Landmark Buildings, Parks, Public Art & Historic Districts in New Jersey’s Metropolis. Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee, 2016, p. 13.National Register of Historic Places, Essex Club, Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, National Register #91000110.
|Item: Guilbert & Betelle||creator of||This Item|