St. Michael's Hospital


Title

St. Michael's Hospital
Saint Michael's Medical Center

Description

St. Michael's Hospital began in 1867 when 5 sisters of the Poor of St. Francis staffed a 13-bed hospital in a residence at 69 Bleeker St. In 1869, the cornerstone was laid for a new building, designed by Jeremiah O'Rourke. The 3-story, 150 bed, red brick hospital, located on the corner of Central Ave. and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., was completed in 1871.

Date

1869-1871

Collection

Related Entries

Item Relations

Item: Jeremiah O'Rourke creator of This Item

Geolocation