The Newark Museum was designed by Jarvis Hunt and was opened in 1926. This building project was funded by Louis Bamberger, a museum Trustee.
Michael Graves (renovation, 1982)
PhysicalObject Item Type Metadata
The museum purchased the Ballantine House and an additional office building in 1937 to accommodate their rapid growth. They grew again in 1982 when they purchased the adjacent YWCA building. Michael Graves renovated the Museum and incorporated the newly acquired building. This project was completed in 1989. Additional, smaller scale renovations were completed by 2002.
“Architectural Drawings of the Newark Museum (1912-2002). Newark Archives Project, http://nap.rutgers.edu/collection.php?id=1997&type=coll&s=0&search=Newark%20Museum&stype=keyword. Accessed 7 December 2016.
Second Renaissance Revival
|Item: Lyons Farm Schoolhouse||Is Part Of||This Item|
|Item: Ballantine House||Is Part Of||This Item|